First of August

 It's a nice Sunday. Weather is good. Already had a work call with a friend. Scheduled another work call in the evening with a client who has become a friend recently. So feeling productive. I really love working on projects like these. 

Today is Friendship Day. Also the beginning of August. I was quite excited about that because at least the halfway mark for the year is done. 

I miss my mummy a lot. She was my best friend. If I had an empty evening and wanted to go shopping or a movie or a coffee with someone, she was always my first pick. She was always my mum, of course, wanting combed hair before anything else. But she was so much fun...all kindness and snarky statements on the ready. 

I don't think I ever bought new clothes for myself without buying something for mom. And she did the same. And then we would wear our new threads and head out...even if it was to Hypercity and then stop at Starbucks for coffee.

Today I was going through the sale on Ajio. There's some good stuff. Usually now I just check out the Men's section for my father or brother and it's frankly no fun. They are both very conservative dressers and if I gave either a shirt with so much as lavender stripes, I would hear no end to how this can't be worn anywhere. Because, apparently, only blue, black and white are colors acceptable in public.

It suddenly struck me that I would never be gifted an outfit again. And if I kept buying new clothes, then the older ones that my mum bought me would be pushed behind in the wardrobe and I probably wouldn't wear those again. 

This evening I am probably going out...I will take myself out even if it is to buy black pepper. (I seem to be consuming a lot of it. And I will wear what my mum had bought me. Not as a gift or anything...just because she liked it.) So it's a cobalt blue skirt and a tight-fitting white top. 

I feel better already. Happy Friendship Day, Ma. Still won't comb my hair. :-)


Comments