Fleeting

 I think Papa will go away for a few days. Tonight he fell asleep and woke up around midnight. He always says no when I offer a snack or a meal but doesn't refuse when I bring it to him. Tonight I got him steamed spinach dumplings. He can't digest refined flour anymore so these millet and buckwheat preparations are good.

I am feeling really exhausted and wiped. Don't feel like meeting anyone or talking on the phone or even staying at home.

Anyway, my way of climbing out of some emotional ditch is to record all the things that made me happy:

1. Talking to J.

2. Eating chilled lychees that Papa had peeled and kept for me in the fridge.

3. Yummy tea that the cleaning lady made. This was a surprise because I didn't know she could cook on the induction. But the weather being what it is, a second cup of nice hot tea is enough incentive to figure out something.

4. Went to a bookstore and it felt so nourishing and good. To be around books, to scan the spines for an interesting title or a familiar author, to play judging games with the cover...it was so soothing. Temples aren't open yet. A bookstore comes close to some kind of salvation.

Came across this book. Found the title funny. It's really about growing vegetables at home using only one bed. But imagine if it were about two vegetables hooking up...a tempting tomato and a sullen zucchini. They meet through an app called 'Tinda'. Silly but it made me laugh.


5. Went to Starbucks for a glass of iced tea. Didn't think they would let me in. They did. I sat by the window and watched the world haltingly go by (considering not much of the world was out and the part that was out was stuck in traffic.)


These things got me through today. 

Comments