May the first

 My birthday month is over and I am very surprised at how I got through yet another day. I am feeling so exhausted and fatigued and I had to finish some work today.

Last two days. I have really enjoyed working on a short marketing-type assignment and another one that is more business-research-oriented. But the fasting and all that is just getting to me now. I had to go out today to get some fruits for my dad and it really was a bad idea. I was so wiped!

Still - what is fascinating is how my work gets done on the days it gets done and how it remains unfinished on the days it stays unfinished. It's like every task comes with its own destiny as to when (and if) it will get completed. Sometimes, I can put something down in a pad and it won't get done. On some other days (like today), nothing will get jotted down and they will all get done. 

In other news, the statistics for the blog are high. There seem to be a lot of people reading me in Russia. I wonder who they are and how they found me. More importantly why they read me. Actually, that is a reasonable question to ask of anyone who reads my blog...why do you read me? I know some who are my friends and they only read me because...it's like snacking, I suppose. 

Others I don't know. 

Anyway, most of my writing recently has been about how sick I am, how sad I am, how tired I am. Maybe then the tone of my posts is Dostoeveskyian? (It's so lovely to be washed in arrogance when there is no editor to mar your happiness.) Maybe that's why the Russians like me.

Anyway, a day is done. And with it some work is complete. And now I can go. 

Comments

Shreelekha said…
a regular reader and love it pls keep writing.
Mukta Raut said…
Thank you!
Shailesh said…
Just my opinion. I come to read your blog, once a week. I think for me, what you write kind of imparts beauty to our everyday existence. I try to look at the world around me through your style and creative lens. It helps me feel that sometimes poignance, beauty and moments to treasure are right in front of us. We (or maybe I) tend to live so much of our lives in our minds (or on social media). So much of what happens around us - how the food we eat tastes, how the colors around us remind us of times and people gone by- is missed by us nowadays in the avalanche of notifications (those on our machines and work calendars). Your writing is so nourishing in that way. It helps me to stop and look around me. To understand and appreciate time and its flow, in its momentariness and its long arc. That, I believe is a very rare thing to capture. Apologies if I have been a bit awkward with my expressions. I am not a writer. Just someone who tries to read a lot. For fun.
Mukta Raut said…
Thanks so much Shailesh! Gad you stop by!