A day and Albert Camus

 Today got a chance to go for a spin to Bandstand and Carter Road. Good to know that all's well with the natural part of the world...you know, the sky and the sea that aren't like you and me.







Today Papa told me about one of his trips where he had to pass through Germany. It was 1972, just some time after  the Olympics had happened in Munich and the event of the Israeli atheletes had taken place, etc. This was the year they introduced body search before boarding the flight. In Germany anyway. My father was carrying something for the ship and it couldn't be left unattended or something. He was holding it for a long time and then he got tired. So he dozed off. When he woke up, there were armed guards with guns around the package and looking very suspiciously at my father. (This thing of my father dozing off and then waking up to see something calamitous is...a recurring theme. My father went to Ram Krishna Mission Math outside of Kolkata and he was always sleeping in class. So he was made the head or monitor of the class because the monitor had to go ring the gong every morning at 4 to wake up the school. He apparently did that and then he was even more sleepy. So one day as class monitor he got everyone in the class to go to sleep. He was chided for it and he told his teacher that he was supposed to keep the class quiet and he met the brief. Now this of course I can't corroborate. But really my dad can sleep through anything as long as he is not unwell or uneasy. It used to irk my mom and me so much, maybe because the two of us had such a hard time sleeping.) Anyway back to Germany. My father explained something and they let him go.

Apropos nothing, if you live in Bandra and you want samosas, do get the ones from Radhe Krishna. They are BIG and tasty. There was a time Annapoorna, Sweet Punjab, and Guru Kripa were good but nowadays... meh! Radhe Krishna is really the tastiest I have had in a long long while. 

Samosas are very nice and happy-making. 

Albert Camus, I believe, once said, "Peace is the only battle worth waging." True. I believe that when I see a palm frond, a pool of sunlight, water softly curving around a jagged rock, a bird in flight, a child playing, a samosa...yes. Peace.

Comments