Midweek

 My very first job was direct sales. There we used to refer to Wednesday the 'Humpy Wednesday' because it broke up the work week into two. 

But it's not Humpy at all. It's sickening. Came across this bit of news that Barkha Dutt's father passed away due to Covid. And she did one of her shows a couple of days after she cremated her dad. Sometimes so much of our living is on autopilot. The way we reach out for work like it's comfort food.

I remember last year, during the pandemic, Yogi Adityanath's father passed away too. I don't think his demise was Covid-related. But I remember thinking that it must have been really tough for him. 

Loss of a parent is never easy for anyone am sure. But losing a parent when you're single... it's not harder for you. But you hope that in his or her final moments, your mum and dad didn't worry about how you would survive without spouse or kids. (As it turns out, living is done one breath at a time irrespective of marital status. So nothing horrible there.)

Maybe since he was a Yogi, Adityanath's father was accustomed to his renunciation. I wonder what it must have been for Barkha's father. But he did raise a fierce daughter. Perhaps he took comfort in that. 

I know my mom used to be very worried about me not having a house of my own. She could never understand why I would choose to live on rent. 

Well, she did get her wish. I am living in our home now. 

Sometimes I miss the look and feel of a rent deed though. Maybe I will draw one up for myself. I am the landlady. And I am the tenant. Yep. No time like the present to get omniscient. 


Comments