Let's see how it is

 The day began with my heart and stomach in a churn. I was very angry. And I am very angry now.

Anyway, I may as well list a few nice things - or if not nice, then things that did not make me want to torch the world.

1. The trip from Vashi to Bandra took only 35 minutes in the morning by Ola. This was around 6:30 a.m. The sun was rising and the world was quiet. There was no traffic and that new bridge that gets you into Bandra was like a smooth gulp of fine martini. There is a point where you are on top of that BKC bridge and you the tiny harp-like silhouette of the Bandra-Worli sea-link. You feel that there is such a large distance to traverse but there are connecting lines to help you through...and it's a good-looking journey, if nothing else.

2. I met V. That is always a lot of joy. Rather, it is usually a lot of joy. Matter of time before I get pissed with him as well. But he did get me phirni and lassi. I love phirni. That puts me in a sweet, benevolent mood. Of course, why he has to lace every gifting of phirni with his knowledge of torture tactics, I don't know. I'll park that aside for now.

3.The return trip to Vashi was also 35 minutes or so. This was fabulous because I left Banda at 4 and I thought I would encounter trouble. But no. Zippety zip.

4. I have running water, electricity, and food in both the houses. Very grateful for that.

5. I have a family. Always seem to forget about them. But sometimes when I feel like a continent that broke off to float away, this family seems to be like the equally clueless landmass that followed it so we could all be together - a misshapen, wonky world. 

Comments