There comes the sun, there sets the sun...

 Some pictures of Bandra today/ yesterday. (I didn't make it for the morning walk but stepped out when there was still light. So that's something.) Here are a few pictures from my walk:

This Tanjore tiffin room is somewhere on Carter's. It looks empty-ish but I love tiffins. So nice and wholesome. Will try this out sometime.


This filigreed skyscaping of trees and skies is what softens the edges of rough days. It's gorgeous! 


Okay. This photograph, rather photographs like these...of roads leading into a promenade and ending with a splash and burst of sunshine...is what generally fills me with glorious hope. 

A friend had once told me the story of one of the poets - either it was Robert Frost or Robert Browning, whoever served in the war. He was going away on war and his wife was upset because he wasn't reassuring her of returning. He told her, "The sun doesn't promise to rise again."

In certain places, like such bends in Bandra, I feel the strength and support of a good, kind world. Whatever it is, we'll make it.


This is a cafe I stopped at to eat - Seeds of Life. I had avoided coming here because the name reminded me of sperm. But it is a vegan place and I have found this spot charming, so entered.

Was thinking of bringing V here sometime. His 'pork' jokes would be very amusing.


Ate an almond flour and banana pancake dotted with melted cocoa bits. It's all organic and wholesome but it wasn't too sweet. Also it was really small as well. I asked for sugar and they gave me a teeny portion of coconut sugar. I mean health is all very well but there's comfort in maida and cheeni that very things can rival.

My favourite, favourite part of the day. In some shape or form, I have survived one more segment of time. Now, what's past is past. My bag is slightly emptier and slightly fuller. I switch off all the lights, light a candle, make myself coffee or pour myself a drink, and watch the city. My favourite city. My beating heart. My broken heart. My magic. My mess. My muse. My melody. Mine. Me.



Comments