The imposter's way of looking


 A friend had gifted me this pretty, red dress a few years ago. I usually wore it on Christmas. This year, I didn't get the chance to. But a couple of days after Christmas, decided to wear it to meet a friend and run some errands (which is what a lot of my wardrobe is now going to get used for.)

But I love this dress. I love red and I love Christmas and I love the sparkly happy sunshine that lit up the world this morning. So I picked this out to wear. N, the help who is all too familiar with the rituals of so much stuff in my wardrobe, asked me why I was wearing this when I hadn't worn it for Christmas.

I said I was going out today. I stressed on the 'out' in a manner that suggested I wasn't getting bananas and mirchi powder. (Usually when I say I am going 'out', she gives me a list of all the household stuff I need to buy.) She looked at me and asked, "You are going for Salman Khan's birthday party!" (Apparently these are my only two looks: kiraana store get-up and Bollywood bash.)

 I felt a little sad letting her down. 


Comments