Monday ends

 I finally finished off the final script for the public ad. It was, at once, easier and more difficult. I noticed that just working on a set of 4 animations, with a few mindful lens adjusting, had quite improved my work. I was happiest with my last version. A direct influence was a discussion that I had had with a friend of mine, MK, about the role of the writer in a story. He'd said that every thing that needs to be said as a story has pretty much been said. What will always differ in the way you present that story/ information/ content. And that presentation itself hinges strongly on how the writer sets up the motivations or the propelling portions of the plot. What's the 'why' that's underlining the 'how'. My scripting was for really a very short nugget and the guidelines were tight - not too much wiggle room there but you can spin a story so differently just with the choice of music and visuals. I was quite happy with my work today. Sometimes or maybe often, working with constraints is the best kind of creative discipline a vagabond, excited mind needs. 

Day began rough enough. Spoke to a couple of friends. I really would like to spend some time in a spot that is inhabited only by women. I would like to go for days not spotting a human male above the age of 4 years. Just really want to calm myself down because I can sense that something deep inside me is bent out of shape.

Anyway, one counts ones  blessings and today I got roses and jalebis. 

So ...we have crossed out Monday. Let's see what tomorrow brings. 




Comments