Day of the power outage

Electricity went off at 10 a.m. due to some great grid failure and came back on just now, around 7:20 pm. Thankfully, I didn't have any deliverables. Followed up on my invoice and pending payment and feedback. There were curt responses I was irritated for a second. But no matter. One asks what one is due peacefully. 

In my head I was planning a fun little idea where I have so much money that I have a private plane in unicorn colours. Inside that plane I have the best lawyers - so good that you can see their acumen shine on their fingernails and their hair glisten with logic and eyes beam out laser-sharp stuff that scan and pick out fine print. We all eat good, nutritious food - I am thinking cheelas made of moong daal and a side with grated peanuts, sweet potatoes, and beets. Also, there has to be something with rice. Lemon rice or tomato rice will be nice. Or maybe khichdi. Khichdi with black or purple rice, tender cabbage, and soya chunks. Lots of onions. And then cool coconut water.

Anyway, moving along from the menu. I would sit in the plane and file PILs against all the companies who default on payment, do not respond to feedback, and have crazy non-disclosure agreements or non-competition clauses. The plate doesn't need to go anywhere. It will have plush seats and labrador puppies in quilted baskets and we'd keep the windows open. 

Getting to Bandra court or Kurla is slightly jarring image to what I have in mind but that's okay. I suppose a little grime is necessary for the dream to become reality. 

Anyway. I could not be vegan today. I will try again tomorrow. Also did not work today. Will begin again tomorrow. Went for a walk today. That was good. There was bright fluorescent paint that had spilled on somewhere. That looked odd and pretty. 

I sense that things will be sticky and tough until they get better. Until I feel better - ot until 'they' get better. So I'll just close off with 'odd' and 'pretty' things now. 

Comments