282, 283, 284 of 15,400

Last night, I visited the home of one of the first friends I had made in Bangalore. Had stayed at his house a couple of times. This time, it felt like I was visiting him for the last time before I left for Bombay.

Today, another friend who's stayed with me for a couple of days also left for home. In the days that he stayed here, I bought mattresses and also got a sweet little Ganpati, and tried (feebly) to get the geyser fixed.

Tomorrow I leave for Bombay where I will, for the very first time, returning home where I won't find my mother.

You miss people in so many different ways. But missing people in homes is pretty special. You say hello to a void. In some cases, the void may get filled with a returning. With others, you lay down on a familiar bed thinking about a loss that just has it's own continuum.

There is great courage in saying goodbye. And we must say it so many, many times. 

Comments

Puneet said…
So sorry for your loss.