259 of 15,400

Today I had booked a massage from Urban Clap. It was really, really good! I am not sure if it was Swedish, but whatever it was, felt great. There was a way when she massaged the top of my head and the back of my neck at the same time. That felt so brilliant.

Got some rice, daal, and soya chunks from Nilgiri. Will make a mixed rice in the cooker one of these days.

I have been trying to reach a co-working space in Bangalore since forever today. Even the ones that claim to work 24/7 don't attend to calls today. That's so dumb. In Bombay, it had taken me 30 minutes to find a place, book it, reach it and start working. On a Sunday evening, that too. That was 91Spribgboards. They have a branch here as well and they have been as responsive as a torch without battery. This is really irritating me now.

I plan to pitch for a new project tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Most likely I will get it.

I just don't feel like meeting people anymore. Had thought that maybe this time in Bangalore, I will hang out with my friends, etc. But I don't want to be the only one having to travel outside of Electronic City. I mean I have been here since last September and so many have not come home because Electronic City is so far. Today I think that is its chief plus point. It's a good filter for friendship. Address. If the company's worth anything, come meet me here. Or actually don't. I don't feel like meeting anyone.

Today I got a call from my mother's phone. It was my father. That felt good. And hopeful. I feel that if my mother's phone is active, then one day she will call. I will see her number flash, pick up the gone, and hear her talking to the help about clothes to be sent to the dhobhi - forgetting that she dialled my number. Then I will say hello. And she will suddenly realize and get all happy and chirpy and ask me one of these two questions first, "What have I eaten?" and "Is it cold?"

Well, it could happen. There's a book called Reality Transurfing by Vadim Zeland, a Russian scientist. He said that, and I am paraphrasing very badly and perhaps inaccurately, that each moment in time branches out into several realities. So what you think about a specific point in reality moves you on that branch of reality. If you had thought something else, then you would have moved to another branch of reality. So in this space or the soup of nothingness or whatever, there are all these tiny slides of different versions of the same situation. So, at this point, on one of those slides, my mom is there. I just have to figure out a path to get there.

Physics seems to be an interesting subject. I never quite liked it too much but a friend of mine has always been interested in it. He ha once tried to explain some concepts to me. I was very fascinated by just the scope of what that subject studies.

As of today, all grief seems to stem from time and space. Imagine being equipped to investigate that itself. It takes sleeping with the enemy(ies) to another level or dimension. He he! (Quite clever that was, I think.)

But I would like to study physics really. From scratch. If anyone knows of any books for beginners, please recommend.

Comments

SP said…
Appreciate you trying to re-discover disciplines. I am doing the same. For Physics, why not then start with Philosophy. Don't know any books, but this course description will lead to some http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/physics-and-philosophy#

At this stage of life I am doing the same with several topics - like political philosophy.

I enjoy your writings everyday and hope you continue to feel better and stay strong.