248 of 15,400

Things I am grateful for today:

1. Enjoyed my cab ride to Andheri East.

2. Finished another assignment.

3. Really enjoyed the spicy masala rice with potatoes and capsicum.

4. Spoke to a couple of my friends at work. Had milk with a really sweet, gentle, and wise person.

5. Dad and brother are fine.

6. There was traffic but this city looked so beautiful! I returned by auto. On the way, I saw so many pretty things:

- A little girl wearing a pale blue dress with pink umbrellas printed all over it. She was combing her pet pug.

- A dilapidated house with bright pink walls. It had no roof and was in between two small tinny shops. Against the backdrop of the grey sky and pop-green trees, this house really stood out.

- At another signal, I saw a thin man with a cart with lots of knives. Each knife had a handle in a different color. He was sharpening each knife with so much artistry. He would do a little, then look at the blade from all angles, then stroke it, and then sharpen it again. Next to his cart, a lady in a navvaari sari was making garlands. She was piercing through each marigold with such gusto. That was funny. The man was being gentle with knives. The woman was being rough with flowers. If I could have a picture that encapsulated Mumbai for me, it would be a photograph of this scene. All things a little bizarre on a very ordinary day.

7. Listened to this song, 'Yeh aaina' from Kabir Singh on loop. I love it.

8. Met a couple of relatives from long ago. I really like the uncle and Aunt. They have such a cute tiny granddaughter. They showed me a picture where she's wearing oversized glasses.

9. I have a roof over my head. My aunts had been talking about the cyclone in Orissa. I am feeling really grateful that I can sit inside a house and wax lyrical about the rain.

10. Wore a silk striped Zara shirt that I thought I had misplaced. Clothes really make me happy!

Comments