232 of 15,400

I think one reason that I really liked Sex and the City was because of the way they showed the women still being close friends even after marriage or after they have met men. I have maybe 2 to 3 friends in life who I can hang out with alone. Or actually, that's not true. There are others. But they will usually call or connect when they need a filler - when the boyfriend or husband is busy, or if they don't want to watch a particular movie or something like that.

In fact, if I think about it, my closest friend J, became that close because of something she did in Pune. I think we had just started hanging out a lot together, etc. And then she started dating. And even then, she would make plans with me, alone...just her and me. I have a couple of other friends like that but not too many.

Outstation plans have to be cancelled if the husband or boyfriend is not available. Can't go for a movie over a weekend because boyfriend doesn't like this movie and he can't have an open enough heart to just come along for the heck of it.

I don't mind if there are kids though. Kids are good fun.

I really miss this in Bangalore. I used to have a friend like that who's now busy with work and has to travel to Pune a fair bit. But now with all that happening in Bombay, with mum and all, it would be nice to just go for a walk somewhere with a friend I have known for a long, long time.

It's a special kind of heartache, when you realize that a girl friend you were really close to will not pick you first if there's a guy around.

This group in Sex and the City were such a tight, happy unit. I loved that in every season, the final or the penultimate episode always had these girls out for brunch...not with their dates or anything. Just them.

That's special.




Comments