221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 of 15,400

I woke up at nearly 3 a.m. this morning. I had to share some writing samples with someone last night but couldn't. Forgot about it. I was also really pissed off yesterday. Sometimes I really wonder about the people in Bangalore. I have not seen people so paranoid of traffic to never visit a friend because said friend stays in some place where the traffic is heavy or whatever. And I'm from Bombay! I mean if address and availability of Ola and Uber are going to drive whether you stay in touch with someone, it's stupid. This is one more reason I am glad I don't work in a full-time job - this systematic paranoia that feeds into your soul, so much so that you have to think a million times before stepping out.

Anyway, all that anger stayed with me and then I was appalled at just how judgmental I was getting. I think I should just make friends with some small babies in my complex. They aren't going anywhere and they will be fun, I bet.

Then I had yoga - which is always good. I think I have become a little more flexible. I think I should arrange my days such that I do it twice a day.

We did a few balancing postures today. Such postures always show me just how weak and weird my left side is. It is really strange. My left and my right feel like they belong to two different people! Have to work towards that!

Anyway, I will be going to Bombay day after for a week. So every time I go, I wonder whether I should come back to Bangalore or not. But more on this later. Since I have to now begin my day and start work, here is a list of things that I am grateful for (some are Bangalore related and some are not):

1. A friend gifted me some coffee powder that she got from Chikmanglur. Just the day before she gifted me that, I had got myself a filter. That coffee is sublime! It really is. I have not tasted that kind of...for lack of a better word...unity of essence in coffee in a long, long time! So, as I write this post out, my decoction is getting filtered - all robust with the goodness of the 'take-it-slow' philosophy. Also, I learnt how to use a filter. It's not rocket science - but that has hardly been the reason for me to avoid learning anything related to cooking. But this filter-coffee experience has been a life-skill!

2. A really close friend of mine stays close-by. I really intend to visit her more often. But we spoke yesterday and it was so nourishing. My mum is unwell and she recently lost hers - but often we talk of something we saw on the Internet or read something or our times together in Pune. I think in trying times, just keeping things regular, actually makes it easier and more peaceful.

3. The trees in this city. I mean trees are beautiful everywhere - but here? These! Each one is bewitching. I'm sure they're up to something on full moon nights!

4. The smell of eucalyptus in the air when you're taking some godforsaken route between Electronic City and the centre of the city. It's a beautiful smell. I have usually travelled that road around 7 p.m.or later. It's pitch dark. You see ponds and really high grass - as tall as an average-size teenager and you smell the eucalyptus. It smells like old-forgotten love that will now return soon. Makes me smile!

I think my decoction is done. Will have my coffee and get to work.



Comments