219 of 15,400

It is Friday and I had a fall. Back was sore but managed to sit up and come to work. I am not very happy with this new co-working space. It's hot and they don't have a tea and coffee machine. There is a man who comes with a tray of very tiny cups of tea and coffee. I take two cups.

I have been feeling so scattered today. I came to work and remembered that I left my charger at home. Then I left the office to get the charger and midway realized that I had left my house keys. Then I got back and took my house keys. The auto guy that I had engaged to take me to my home (and who was charge twenty rupees more than the regular Ola fare) wanted twenty more bucks for waiting 5 minutes. I said no. He shrugged, laughed into his phone he had been constantly talking into throughout the ride, and left.

It would be nice to have jam.

I am so excited to be meeting a close friend from Pune tomorrow. She's one of my favorite people and it has been ages since we last met. There are times when I miss Pune so much but I am doing my best to really settle into Bangalore now.

I think it is going well.

But I feel what is required is for me to actually sit and write out everything that I would like to have and put some kind of plan in place. Well, maybe not even plan - just a sense of what I would like the future to look like.

I find this to be a very powerful exercise. When I was working in a place in Bombay, I had wanted to take a 3 month break. I applied for leave and it was sanctioned contingent on my finishing up some stuff. In the time that I was working on these assignments, I was working on a master checklist of all the stuff that I wanted to do in those 3 months. This included taking up yoga, losing some weight, meet at least 7 new people, enjoy the city (Mumbai) by taking long bus rides in the early afternoon, spend the evening at Worli seaface, etc.

Then I lost the piece of paper.

Three months pass. I was finally fitting into a skirt I had bought long ago because I had lost the weight. I find a piece of paper in one of its pockets. It was the checklist.

I had done every single thing on that list.

Now, I intend to capture the lightning in the bottle again.


Comments