Day 69 of 14,600

Today was an okay day. I went to the mall for a little while. Thought I would sit in the Starbucks there and do some work. But I felt really lost. More than lost, I felt like I just wanted to leave all that and come back home. I did go to Starbucks though. Sat and had an Americano.

I really liked their Pumpkin Spiced latte which they don't serve now. They only serve it during Halloween. I missed the opportunity. They have a toffee crunch flavoured beverage that I find very tepid tasting.

I also went to the Kali mandir that I used to frequent so much. When I reached in the afternoon, shutters were down. I still peeped in through the grate to see her. She was all dressed up and seemed so cheery. I went back again in the evening.

It was quite a sight!

She was resplendent in a deep purple and gold sari. There were soft, pink hibiscus shaped flowers in her hands - they looked like unfurling of some new, young flesh but not in a good grotesque way. It's as if she was fashioning a life with some skill and adroitness. She seemed pre-occupied with a fun hobby.

I had thought that I would sit and meditate and all that. But I left after seeing her for a brief five seconds.

To imagine my life and destiny as someone's handicraft project is cheery enough for me.


Comments