Day 68 of 14,600

Yesterday I met a friend. He had come to visit me at the hospital.

It was so nice. We went somewhere where we (or rather I) ate cheesy fries and a double-decker chocolate sandwich. The sandwich had two layers and each layer was smeared with chocolate sauce. It also came with a small pan with melted chocolate that one was dunking the sandwiches in and eating. So, that, cheesy fries, and coffee.

We then walked at the promenade for a bit. It was nice and fresh. Bombay has become quite cold. Or it was cold yesterday. I felt like I was getting out into the open after ages. Yesterday when I had gone to meet my mother in the ICU, she looked so fed up. She wanted to be in a different ward – somewhere where she could be with people, get more light – just see more.

‘Just seeing more’ seems to be such a basic aspiration – why we travel, why we move homes, why we change jobs.  

One of the things that my friend and I talked about was why and how we neither really finished anything. We would talk about some idea very passionately and then for a couple of days we would brainstorm and then finally, it would peter out.

This is one of my resolutions for this year – to finish strong. I am a great ‘starter’. And I am very driven when I am working on lots and lots of different fresh projects but I seldom finish. And I think when you start understanding – really understanding – the deep implications of Hinduism and Buddhism or anything that involves reincarnation, you feel the heaviness of unfinished business.
Anyway, it was a lovely evening. We didn’t really spend a lot of time. But whatever it was filled me with purpose.

One must remember that it was the first of January though.


Comments