209, 208, 207

Some days have lapsed and I haven't written. Very systematically then, here are the main things that stand out in my head:

1. I have come to Pune to celebrate, live in, and appreciate my beautiful home some more during this excellent time of the year.

2. I walked from the bus stop to my house, which is a good 40 minute walk. Bought a white carnation and a bottle of Port wine. A friend was coming to stay over and I thought we could dwell on the soft luscious petals of the flower and have port. We had port. No-one dwelt on the flower.

3. As soon as I stepped in, I was filled with so much beatific goodness. It felt so peaceful and joyous. A giant hibiscus grew in my balcony and the plant with the mandarin oranges had erupted with a dozen citric suns. Excellent signs.

4. Then I stepped into the bathroom of the master bedroom and had a heart attack. There was a huge pigeon that fluttered so hard that it almost broke the mirror. It had made a nest on the floor and I was shocked. Called up a friend in Pune who heard me out and in a very steady and sober voice, told me what to do. She was in the middle of her sister's sangeet so I am not sure what the eavesdroppers made of the talk they overheard.

5. While sweeping the nest, I noticed something pointy and leafy in one of the shelves. There was a smaller nest with two small eggs. Damn. I felt bad about flushing the eggs away but I didn't know what else to do. I prayed for them though.

6. Finished a doodle session today on a storyboard I have been working on. This is one of the favorite parts of my job - seeing text translated into images. It feels like singing a song in different languages.

7. Some interesting projects will begin soon.

8. Came across Marisa Peers, a master hypnotherapist online. Would strongly recommend checking out her free hypnotherapy videos. 

Comments