243

A blank page once again so I'll just jot down a list of things that happened today.

A friend from Pune called to tell me about some good news in her life.

I grunted and finished some work. Was quite pleased with some of it, not all. Need to figure out a way to improve.

Watched a really moving interview of Kajol and Ajay Devgan. They were promoting Shivaay and the interviewer asked her how she felt about not being invited to the 21st anniversary of 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge'. She said something about that. Then the interviewer asked her whether she had lost out on friends - Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar. She got a little misty-eyed. Then Ajay Devgan intervened and said that maybe personal questions should not be asked.

I don't know why but that little segment really moved me. I think at some point we all have had to answer questions (not always to interviewers on TV) about the loss of a love or whether there's anything illicit going on with someone else or how will we cope with the loss of money or hey, isn't it hard getting older? But there is an odd way in which you get stumped when you have to explain why you stop being friends with someone. Or when you have to answer whether you'll ever be friends again.

I could relate to Kajol at that moment - the way she looked slightly confused and sad. She looked away briefly before making eye contact again. And I really liked the way her husband stepped in and handed her a compass of sorts. (Or maybe he really had had enough of the Chopra and Johar brigade and just wanted to talk about his film.)

Maybe that is another kind of friendship - where someone tells you that you may have lost your Atlantis but he's taking you home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that last sentence.
Mukta Raut said…
thank you!