517

Source: www.pexels.com
A friend had come over for coffee last night. Among the many things we talked about, he quoted Carl Sagan, “If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create a universe.” I loved it.
He recommended Robert McKee’s ‘Story’. Although it’s a manual for screenplay writing, he mentioned that it might help me with plot my stories as well. I ordered a hard cover version from Amazon which will reach me in the New Year so yay!

We discussed ‘Signature of All Things’ by Elizabeth Gilbert and just how marvelous she is. She is. She really is. Her work has some kind of patient unknotting, you know, that is difficult to articulate. It is a beautifully plotted book.

I bought a packet of ‘thetcha’ which is a very, very delectable chilli and garlic paste you get in Maharashtra. It’s had as an accompaniment with chapatti and stuff. I love it. I absolutely love it. It’s just that I’ve always had it when it got made in my friends’ houses and stuff. But now that it is available in a friendly packet that I can pick up from a store and have it whenever I want, life is good.


I bought Maggi and had it at midnight. With a generous dollop of the thetcha in it and a spoonful of rice. (I like a rice and noodle mix.) Maggi is so wonderful. I missed it so much. It felt like the return of true love.

Comments