840 - A wish,a purpose, and time to make plans

I think I would like a gap year. One year where I have to do nothing more than go through 24 hours in some broad strokes that I feel will make me happy and feel fulfilled. These are - do yoga for nearly an hour, climb up a hill or go for a walk for an hour or so, eat very simple meals - hopefully just rice, daal and maybe palak or methi, read some, maybe meditate for forty minutes or so, and most importantly write. Write for 10 to 15 hours. Write that much every single day for 365 days. In this time, I don't want to worry about whether I am out of sugar or salt or cauliflower or the credit card bills are due or the rent cheque has to be paid off or things like that. I would like the people I love to be healthy, happy, and out of the way (it will help if my friends and family are enjoying themselves in the Alps or something and can't be bothered with updating me with whether the dhobi found the white pants that went missing the week earlier).

Additionally, I would like a year off to plan for that gap year. Arrange for the right home, arrange for a caretaker who will fluff up my pillows and discreetly serve me ginger tea every hour or so. Ginger tea with that awesome lychee honey that you get in Fab India.

Time off is a great thing to wish for. In fact, it's a great thing to aim for. People have different definitions for success. Right now, mine is to set up my life such that I give my self this time that I would really love.

Comments