834

Met some new people yesterday evening. It always surprises me how this happens. How people meet, smile and say hello. When you stay by yourself as much as I do or hangout with maybe just one or two people at a time, I really wonder at the miracle of these set-ups when so many people 'mingle', you know? Smile and shake hands and exchange numbers or email addresses or just suddenly, tell you about a bit about their childhood or their place of birth or a pond in their college...and I feel so overwhelmed. In a slightly good but unnerving way. I think all that enthusiasm just got to my stomach and it started getting knotted up and churning badly.

Despite being one, I am fairly certain that human beings over the age of three make me nervous - especially if there is conversation involved.


Comments