870 - a goodly day was had

Today is a Wednesday. I like Wednesdays because the day seems to have the most rounded-off edges of all the days. There's a homely softness to the sound of it, to its being, to how it comes like a soft interlude. Anyway, at work nowadays, every single second seems to be offered at the altar of some deadline or the other, so there hasn't been any downtime as such.

Anyway, as a show of some kind of defiance to a crazy schedule, I just sat back during lunch. Really sat back. Leaned back, breathed in deeply, and just stared at the minty blue horizon in the distance. Then I finished some work and wrapped up, making it known very clearly that I was leaving for the day. A pal and I went to Crossword and I was really in a mood to blow up some cash. There's a beautiful release when I swipe a credit card or hand over money in exchange for stuff. This time, I bought these books:

Myth = Mithya by Devdutt Pattnaik
Love in the time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank, and
No One Writes to the Colonel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez again.

We had French-press coffee at the Moshe's there. I had an open-toasted sandwich with caramelized onions, mushrooms and shredded cheddar. Some fries with that too.

Then I came back home listening to the songs of Aashiqui 2.




 

Comments