Skip to main content

Playing tag

Iscribblehere (www.iscribblehere.blogspot.com) tagged me. Here goes:

Q: If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?

Leave


Q: If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?

Live (for a while) in a penthouse in New York (some absurd floor- perhaps 183rd), do some fabric painting and make great breakfasts every single day. The rest of the day, I’d spend around the lanes of New York and eating street food and possibly collecting brochures and catalogues outside the art galleries.

Oh…that and a superbe! (I mean superbe!) body – the one that can kick metal doors open with one kick, change truck tyres, bend into pretzels, run for hours without panting, get rested with 2 hours of sleep…that sorta body.


Q. Whose butt would you like to kick?

Sigh! Mine and mine alone. A greater fool was not born. (And if there were indeed a greater fool, I wouldn’t know..because fools don’t know anything, really.)


Q. What would do with a billion dollars?

Travel alone
Start filing Public Interest Litigations against the civic authorities here
Buy a house, a horse, a yacht
Live in the Presidential suites of as many places as I can afford
Study in NYU and Harvard
Work as an art historian at a gallery, a salesperson with a designer, a research assistant with a law firm, assist a movie director – for free…
Make a movie
Pay off my car loan
Make sure that my parents never have to worry about money again
Make sure my daughter never EVER has to worry about money


Q. Will you fall in love with your best friend?

Absolutely


Q. Which is more blessed: loving someone or being loved by someone?

I’d say the true blessing is when issues such as this don’t really matter…but if I had to choose..I’d say…loving someone. My heart, my love, my expectations = me.

Q. How long do you intend to wait for someone you love?

As long as it takes. Have been waiting for New York all my life, and the wait continues…with hope and smiles.


Q. If the person you secretly like is attached, what will you do?

feel bad, write poetry, move on, and search for him in every one else I meet.

Q. If you could root for one social cause, what would it be?

Female infanticide

Q. What takes you down the fastest?

Honesty

Q. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

Shuttling between New York and Bombay – and winning every single PIL I’ve filed.

Q. What’s your fear?

My heart getting crusty with cynicism, losing my health and becoming dependent on anyone. Or losing the ability to feel.


Q. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

She's a wandering soul with an open heart - one that’s got a whole lot of interesting stuff ‘scribbled’ all over it.

Q. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?

Single and rich, baby...single and RICH.

Q. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously who will you pick?

The New Yorker. And if there's no New Yorker, then it will have to be the one who can play the flute and swim. And if niether can play the flute and swim, then we may as well just have a good meal and be on our way.

Q. Would you give all in a relationship?

Will definitely try.


Q. Would you forgive and forget someone no matter how horrible a thing he has done?

Either I do that or live with a clenched fist and a tightness in my chest throughout life. It's very very hard though.


Q. Do you prefer being single or in a relationship?

Hmm...preferably single. But can be happy both ways.

Comments

Anonymous said…
humm another NY lover :)

honesty takes you down ? but I have a feeling that you have answered the tag very honestly !!
Aries said…
Hey Mukta, if you you like NY so much, you should take a peep at my blog. I had posted some pics of NY a few days ago. But don't look at the text. Given your high standards...you'll likely wrinkle up your nose at the limited vocabulary, the penchant for cliches and that uncanny ability of using precisely the least appropriate word to describe what I set out to describe.. with this backdrop you should be sufficiently prepared to head out there now...but still brace yourself!.
I scribble here said…
that was fun reading , dint know ur love for NY to the extent
and really appreciate the way you weave words together, i wish i was half as good
Anonymous said…
i think there are 2 kinds of people. the ones's who LOVE New York and the others who dont. having ever visited the place is NOT a requisite. that said, I too heart NY. spent an indulgent holiday weekend there a few years ago to sate my desire. but alas, came away with an even bigger lust for the city. And now, just like you, i'm plotting and planning for a way to get there and BE there. i feel you sistah

Popular posts from this blog

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)

 I love courtroom dramas.  I love non-linear storytelling. I love thrillers. I love tender love stories that embellish such series of grit, grime, and blood. This series delivers on all counts, dips somewhat after a couple of seasons, gets uneven and predictable (when it is less courtroom and more drama) and then finishes strong. The series centers around Annalise Keating who is a fierce, black criminal lawyer who also teaches a class in criminal law (which she calls 'How to Get Away with Murder'). As a teaching methodology, she gets her class to weigh in on her live cases. Part of her strategy also involves picking a handful of promising students and have them work in her 'lab' where they get to help her in strenuous arguments and civil suits, etc. The plot thickens, a murder happens, people get involved, incriminated, incarcerated, and dead. I found a couple of characters in this cast to be really unlikeable - Michaela, Laurel, and Bonnie. After the first couple of se

That kind of a day, that kind of a thought

 It was Eid and Ekadashi today. Thus far, I have managed to keep the fast for Ekadashi. But we still have 2 hours to go so...let's see. I had this urge to go to a temple. There is a small one near my house. Today it was filled with people singing keertans. So I went to the  Iskcon. I like the temple. It's so big and bustling. It's organised and musical.  But today was very crowded. Usually I go to temples and do a quick pranaam without offering flowers or fruits. But I felt like buying a thali. I got one with some fruits, tulsi leaves and a single marigold flower that lay there like a fully energized petaled sun. There was a long queue and I was already feeling stressed in the pit of my stomach. But the line kept moving and just like that, I had my darshan and I got done.  I came out and thought of getting a flower for the pooja room in my home. I bought a lotus. The florist fluffed out the petals and it looked like a sweet little bird.  I caught an auto back and as is my n

A very bad mood

 I have been trying to sleep for a while but have not been able to. I am in a very bad mood. Turns out I am very averse to change. Things are crap.  Deep breaths are not helping. I am feeling very trapped. The anger and irritation is quite intense. Let me take a few moments to just quietly watch myself.  Works