Another day of being a good kind of tired

 Today is Diwali and also my brother's birthday. So I spent the morning with my brother at Decathlon where he shopped around for bicycles. There were not-so-subtle hints dropped that maybe I should have given cash towards the purchase of the cycle instead of the shirt I got him. I ignored these hints of course. On second thoughts, maybe I should take back the shirt for myself because I really like the print.

We stopped at Starbucks for a bit where I learned something new. I like black coffee with Hazelnut flavour. And the barista told me that if I liked the sweetness of hazelnut, I must ask for three pumps. Today I had the cold brew. (It is insanely dry and hot in the afternoons.) It was so good! 

Then the fun stuff began. Went over to P's home to wish her Happy Diwali and meet her sweet little doggy. Except the little doggy is a Great Dane and I am scared. I love dogs but until I am acclimatized to one, I remain nervous. But Queenie, the pet, is a tall, tall dog. When she stood up to hug my friend, she really seemed to be the size of a small bike. 

But she has the sweetest eyes. And lives up to her name, showing great fondness for plush carpets and stuff like that. 

Anyway, P invited me and my family for Laxmi puja. And we had Chinese food after. And Queenie smelled me and I scratched her head a little, which felt like velvet. But she's a very playful dog and a rather strong one too. She didn't bark or anything. Just kept looking and pushing her head towards me asking for a rub. I think I will need to be around her a couple of times more before she and I can cuddle up on a bed with her and read through a weekend. But I absolutely will do that someday. 

A dog is just spectacularly special. To be around that kind of love and affection, even if it is a little scary at first... that's wealth. 

All in all, super day. 

(Oh my gosh...her eyes! Can't stop thinking about them.)


Comments