And so it goes...

 There was a video of Gauri Khan weeping because her son was denied bail. The comments passed some snide remarks about Shah Rukh Khan being a bad father, Bollywood being a sleaze fest, etc. Nothing new. But the comments on Gauri were what seemed strange... comments on her face, how her fillers and Botox are not working anymore, her bag, her shirt, her jeans. Basically, everything about the way she looked. The way SHE LOOKED. And she is not an actress. Her husband is. And he was being criticised for seemingly more relevant aspects - like parenting style, etc. She wasn't. At the time that I went through those comments (there were lots and lots of them), her biggest mistake seemed to have been that she looks old. 

On a rather unrelated note...

I am a writer. I am not required to be seen to be read. Yet I am. I also get a lot of advice from men on how to bring back glow to my skin or remove dark circles, etc. All advice is unsolicited. The other day, I came across an H&M jacket. I shared the picture with a friend. And he replied that it wouldn't fit me. There was no reason for that kind of remark. He is a reasonably intelligent man. I believe he may be doing good in the world. And yet, if there's a woman and she has a body, it can be commented on. Just like that. 

It gets really weary to live and work and associate with and be around Indian men. 


Comments