The SEEPZ expedition

 I went to SEEPZ yesterday to meet the team I will be working on a long-term engagement with yesterday. Bought a new chocolate brown dress with sand colored polka dots. Wore them with these really pretty high-heeled pumps that I got during the pandemic. It's a really nice smart pair of pumps but I had forgotten how soul-sucking and painful wearing heels can be, especially in SEEPZ where the place has been overrun with trees and tall grass - so much so one could shoot an ad for Woodland there. SEEPZ is right on the precipice of office space turning into full throttle forestation. 

Anyway, I caught a rick and it really has been clearly a long time since even the rickshaw fellow must have been there... because the first guy I asked agreed promptly (during monsoon, no less). Otherwise, one encounters at least 3 rejections before you get someone - Ola, Uber, notwithstanding. 

Anyway, near Milan subway, a cop stopped traffic to let an old couple cross the road. They smiled and waved at the cop and we were all collectively relieved that there is much good in the world. Still. 

Comments