Today ended well

The way it began held no clue to what a sweet, tender, gentle finish today would have.

V took me for a frankie and a coffee near Bandstand. Bandstand was gorgeous. It was cold and breezy and it was high tide. There was a churn and a roll in the sea that felt so good, so instinctive...I didn't know how much I had missed just listening to the sea. 

We sat at the steps. V laughed at a few couples around us. I thought, just as I always did, that it was cute. V took me for a walk in the little bylanes of Chuim village...the tiny little houses of his Koli friends who had spread the net and would watch over the nets until 4 am the next day. Their houses always had the sweetest decorations...lights shaped like dolphins, etc. V told me about how he thought that sharks were intelligent. He's grown his hair. Looks pretty good. And he knows it. He played with a couple of Huskies near Pali Hill. We walked past all these tiny alcove like swish shops - boulangeries, suit makers, florists, candy and cake stores with dainty window dressings.

He walked me home and then proceeded to catch up with other friends. 

I had the best time! Can't stop smiling! 


Comments