The little joyous things

 I will list a few things on YouTube that make me happy:

1. The Graham Norton show. He is such a charming, cheery host. A couple of my favourite episodes have Russell Brand and Emily Blunt, Naomi Campbell, Kevin Hart and Kate Winslet...I just put those one sometimes while working.

2. Trinny Woodhall's channel. A long time ago, she used to do this show called 'What not to wear' with one of her friends, Susannah. I didn't quite like her all that much then. Found her terse. But I love her shows now. There's a softness and maturity about her that's lovely! And boy, does she know how to style stuff! Sequins and shimmer for a daytime office look, clashing prints, opening up her closets to show her range of coats, scarves, shoes...it's lovely. There's a segment where she goes to Zara and some other stores in London for her shop-ups. She browses through the store and talks through the collection and such stuff. Those bits really drive home the fact that if you have spent a lifetime doing something, it just oozes out of you. She could pick out a regular jumper and link it back to Stella McCartney's opening show where she introduced a splintered lapel in a blazer. Also I love Zara. I miss it so much. Sometimes I just watch it for that.

3. Any interview of Salman Rushdie. His voice is so good. It is a storyteller's voice. And in hours crowded and cramped with unfinished things, his voice feels like cool lemonade on a parched, summer day. 



Comments