Tough

 Today the morning began with a friend telling me about a lady's young son who had been suffering for a while. He was raising money for him. His mother used to tend to ailing elderly people (that's how I had met her... when I was looking for someone for my Ma). But she had lost her job due to COVID. Her other kids were out of work as well.

I was expecting an invoice to be cleared but the company I had worked for (a small company) told me that the project was put on hold and they would arrange for my dues to be cleared soon. But I have worked with them and I like one of the two people I worked with. And also in times like this, it is important to remember why I started. To work towards building an alternative system that works well, is nourishing. I just got the feeling that I would have to write this off for now. One of those two people had been good to me and was willing to be good to me.

The other place I was expecting money from...well, let's just say that money is stuck for now which wouldn't have mattered ordinarily. But I could not share as much money as I would have liked. Anyway the boy passed away. So... not saying that having money would have saved the boy. But it just might have. 

Some days you just feel defeated. 

But I do believe that the boy is in a better place. And the rest of the family will spend the rest of their lives saying this to themselves. Still. A place with my mum will be a happy, welcoming place. 


Comments