The empty page

Since the last week or so, I have started writing a diary. I always had, as a kid. Then I had the blog. Then the posts on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is quite a time-suck. And unlike Facebook or YouTube, you really think that you are doing some kind of productive career advancement when you are reading some empty tripe n LinkedIn and then responding with empty tripe of your own. Now, to give an outlet to such empty tripe, I started keeping a diary. In the place I am consulting with now, a session was arranged with a counselor. She talked about the various ways in which journaling can help and she also spoke about the various types of diaries - there is the free-flow, stream of consciousness kind of writing, there is also the agenda issue-based writing where you write specifically to sort out a problem, and then there is a record you maintain after you do meditation or something like that - that is for regular therapy. And then she also introduced something called the 'Not-to-do' list. That was really interesting. I will probably write about some other day (maybe for LinkedIn). He he!

Yesterday was my mum's and my grandmother's death anniversary so we had a small puja at home. Havan with a mask on is really another level of suffocation. The priest was really nice and swift. I think that was the major appeal of the Arya Samaj ways of doing things. They did to traditional Hinduism what micro-learning seems to have done to the e-learning industry. I think everything in the world can be better served by good, hard editing.




Comments