279, 280 of 15,400

I had a superb lunch with a dear, dear friend of mine. We used to work together in Pune and also go for walks up a small little hill early in the mornings.

We even did that trek when it was pouring one day... pouring like crazy! The hills in Pune, especially Baner where I stayed, were so gorgeous during the rain. That month that I spent with her (before she took up another job, got married, and moved cities) was possibly the most wholesome month in my adult life.

Anyway, we went to the Tibetan place again and this time I had LaPhing in the dry variation, which was tastier than the soupy version. We also got Phengshe, a dish with glass noodles and we had Mountain Dew. Then we went for coffee to Starbucks. It was a perfect afternoon.

Then I had to stay back and work in office until 2 am. I was chatting with a friend from Bombay that late in the night and it felt good.

Anyway, I have some recommendations from my friends. I intend to seriously go through each of their recommendations because they usually send good stuff along the way.

1. J recommended 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B Peterson. He is a clinical psychologist from Harvard and is considered to be a rockstar in academia.

2. The Gate by Natsume Soseke, a Japanese author. My friend who I had lunch with loved this book and I trust her taste. In fact, she has now bought all his books.

3. Movies by Yasojiro Oso. My friend said that his movies are simple and beautifully constructed. They are available on YouTube.

4. Pretty Girls by Karen Slaughter. Another friend recommended this highly when I asked her to suggest a good thriller. She said it was scary and hard to shake off.

Today has been productive thus far. Two assignments done. Will get dressed and go out now. Maybe get a good sandwich or teacake somewhere.

Comments