Days

It feels a little strange to come back to work after the break. There's some familiarity,  there's some disorientation - much like if you traveled halfway across the world and didn't know about the time difference.  So you'd leave home at midnight and reach that other place at midnight as well. I think that's the one big lesson traveling teaches you...that even if you lose your bearings, you still reach somewhere. Sometimes, even the place you had set out to reach.

As for me, days at work will take some getting used to. Like today. Rush for a deadline, snatches of a tslk wigh a friend,  bad coffee, some inchoate feeling of being let down, and a sated feeling that today, I did some part of my job well.

I like work, though. Allows me my personal battle and my private truce.

Comments