Sun and simplicity

Today, after weeks of grey, cloudy, rain drenched and cold days, there was sun. The garden in my building lay bright and happy in a warm, patch of yellowish-white goodness.The world really looked as inviting as buttered toast.Later in the day, when I stepped out fora walk, I felt the sun on my back. It was so comforting.

Later, I met up with a friend for glasses of hot apple toddy at a bistro called Zodiac. It's tiny but has a sweet layout and pretty potted plants outside. Sitting outside, sipping our warm, sweet drinks that was spiced with cinnamon-it felt like a holiday. The picture I took of our drinks has a, how shall I put it, a 'rim-side' view. I really like it because it makes the stick of cinnamon look like it's taking a dip in one of those infinity pools.

The sun was out, the day was warm, and I had a lovely golden beverage that made me so glad.

Sunshine in a martini glass...that's the stuff good old days are made of.

Comments

I know the feeling... sun peeking through the dark clouds first... you are then drenched in beautiful sun rays!! I so dearly miss the rains in Mumbai! :)
Anonymous said…
It's a very well worded blog, really great, actually a person feels one is really there while reading it, it is really a boon to have that trait I a writer to make the reader feel he is actually in that place . great , keep it up and keep writing, it's a pleasure to read u always..