That sweet resilience

That sweet resilience


Most of the blossoms on the orchid lilies stem that I bought last week have faded. There were four blooms, and the florist (at Khoja - you must visit the place if you're in Bandra) told me that three of them would bloom and one of them wouldn't. If I were careful with the flowers and shielded them from the fan, they would go for a long time. But I am not mindful of so many things. Besides changing the water, I didn't do anything much. They were still there for a good eight days. Even their wilting was scrumptious. The slow downturn of the petals and leaves was like a denouement, telling you of that soft sadness awaits further in the story. Even when the petals fell on my work table, they fell like pages peeling off a diary.


A life was lived. A story was written.


And today I noticed...that the fourth bud bloomed.

Comments

Popular Posts