How the day might go

Just thought I would write this blog at a different time of the day now. It is close to 1 p.m. I will be going to meet a friend at some point later. This place that we will be going to - I have not been there before. There will be board games and who knows? Maybe we will play a game or not/ I was hoping for another friend to join us but she can't make it. This is a little bit of a bummer.

Summer. Sun. It is so bright and so hot. Part of me feels good but it feels as if there's an endless wait for the sun to go down and the night to cloak over. 

My tulsi plant is growing well. The money plants are tumbling over the bottle. Things are so pretty. I am so disoriented in the morning. At night, I keep lighting tea lamps at the altar because it feels like bringing in play dates for the holy spirits there. It's a cheerful little addition. But now - I don't feel like doing it in the morning. Here I am - typing - and across me is a barren altar. I can very easily get up and light a diya but I don't.

Okay wait. Maybe I will go and do that.

I did that and I had two dosas. They were broken but tasty. 

A school friend had called and said that she was in the area for 30 minutes and could I meet up. I said not this time. Yesterday another friend from the US asked if we could meet up. I said no. 

The orchids on my table are blooming really well too. There are three of the and the purple is deeper than ever. That's the thing about summers - the sun does draw out lush, gorgeous colours!

I just hit publish but I realised that I was not done typing. I got a lip balm called WishCare. It is a clear lip balm (there is a tinted variation also) but I got this. And it keeps the lips really supple. 

Anyway, here we go. Things are the way they are.

Life and summer are sweetness and colours. Maybe that's what I'll take with me as I go through the day. 

Comments