Day 8

 It was a dull, slow day. Went by like molasses. But a few things I am thankful for today:


1. Papa is well.

2. I was stuck in traffic for a long time this morning. BKC looked like a collective automotive hold-up. No. Not hold-up. A hostage situation. So there we were. The cabbie and I, listening to the radio. And I had this moment of refjune. I made up this word. Refjune - a typical Mumbai moment where you look around the crowd and you turn benevolent because of some kind of magical reframing in your mind. 

There were so many people. Being patient. Maybe being defeated even before they reached their metaphorical battlefield. Some of them must be turning up for work where they will not be understood. Some may be headed to a hospital to care for a parent whose days are numbered. Some might be taking their child to a school they can barely afford. But still, here we all were. This traffic, more than anything, was a testimony to all of us just showing up. All of us who were dumb enough yo not call in and cancel. Or change their mind. Or hit the Snooze button. Sure, it is no basecamp. But it counts. Oh, it counts for a lot. This was my refjune. I made up a new word and I reframed my mind about traffic. It was massive.

3. I left office really late and my phone had conked off. So I had to take a regular rick. He got stopped by cops midway and he didn't have his license. Then I had to catch another rick. I got home safe and very relieved.

4. I was famished. And today of all days, my cook had made a pasta salad. SALAD!!!I nearly collapsed in the kitchen. So with the last few bucks left of my salary, I ordered katthal biryani (jackfruit biryani) from Charcoal Eats. Uff! It was phenomenal! May God bless them and their families for ever and ever. It was sublime.

5. I have my eyesight. 

Comments